Wind Energy Facts
As you know, wind energy or power is a renewable energy type using the wind. We convert the potential wind energy to kinetic wind power. Here, the aim is to generate electricity thanks to windmills, wind turbines, and wind pumps. Therefore, many developed countries and corporate energy grid firms generally use wind power for making electricity energy. Besides, there are many benefits of wind energy.
Humanity commonly uses this renewable energy source because wind power is clean and no harmful energy type against nature. Then, let’s see wind energy facts.
Wind Energy Facts
- A technological wind turbine could power up to a village with 500-700 homes.
- Wind power doesn’t harm the environment.
- Wind energy & power is a clean, renewable energy type.
- As a general, EU countries aim to utilize wind energy. Because climate condition is more suitable according to other continental states.
- There are many particular winds in Europe, such as Sirocco, Khamsin, and Foehn.
- Wind energy doesn’t need to water supply. For wind energy, the wind is only essential production item.
- Wind energy is costly. Therefore, the renewable energy source isn’t used much like solar energy, biomass energy, and geothermal energy.
- According to locations, wind energy is constant energy. So, people prefer to more favorable locations.
- Wind turbines are known as wind farms.
- Most popular wind turbines in the world; Walney 659 MW – London Array 630 MW – Gemini Wind Farm 600 – Greater Gabbard wind farm 504)
- Today, 100 different countries use wind power for generating electricity.
- Wind power is an economic income for countries using wind power.
- German Albert Betz discovered wind power theory in 1919.
- Some countries use wind power to supply their electricity needs.
- Germany is the most famous wind power user in the world because Germany product electricity more than all countries generate electricity.
- As a general, the length of a wind turbine is approximately 200 meters.
- We use small wind turbines for charging batteries.