Hydrogen energy advantages and disadvantages
In a sentence, hydrogen energy is a colorless, odorless, flammable and light element. 1 Lt. hydrogen is 90 mg under the atmospheric pressure. Its mean, it Is 11 times lighter than the air we breathe. Basically, hydrogen is a proton and an electron. Also, we can’t find the energy type as gas in the nature. However, The renewable energy source is used as energy with the separation of compounds. By the way can renewable energy change and power the world?
Hydrogen energy systems are a new technology although hydrogen production is older than hydrogen energy systems. Because, planting of a hydrogen central is costly. Therefore, corporate firms and national countries don’t prefer the hydrogen energy systems although it is a great renewable energy type.
Advantages of the Hydrogen Energy
- Hydrogen energy is converted to electric energy easily.
- The renewable energy can produce gas by different methods such as water, solar energy or its derivatives, wind, wave and biomass.
- Hydrogen is ideal fuel for planes, ships and submarines.
- The energy source is more useful more than wind energy. Because the wind energy isn’t constant.
- Hydrogen is environmental renewable energy. Therefore, it is not harmful.
- Instead of the gasoline that is dangerous when a car accident is, hydrogen type is less dangerous because it is volatile
- We said hydrogen storage is difficult to be used in a wide range of uses. However, another important feature of this energy source is that the energy it carries can easily be converted into electrical energy.
- Renewable hydrogen energy does not create environmental problems caused by fossil fuels because it does not contain hydrogen carbon, greenhouse effect and the polluted air.
- Hydrogen is also an effective fuel. The renewable energy can convert to another types of energy then other fuels.
Disadvantages of the Hydrogen
- Long storage is hard because it can be leak
- Huge explosions can be when the hydrogen energy combined with oxygen
- Hydrogen preservation and keeping in closed places is hard for a long time. Therefore, it is very difficult to leak easily. Also, hydrogen is highly dangerous because it combines with oxygen in an uncontrolled environment.